HET Super Sniper

winchweight

that is the question? Is it a good model and is £65 inc postage a good price?

What motor, esc and fan (using a 3S setup)would you recommend for this model? I am a conservative flier and wouldn't be keen on totally mental speeds.

Bear in mind I tend to buy cheapish, so BRC motors, Turnigy etc etc.

Can I hand launch it or does it need a bungey?

Advert

The sniper requires an olympic javelin thrower to hand lunch so better off witha bungee which is the reason I sold my unflown one on as the bungee was a right royal pain in the backside.

I only have experience with the mega or HET motors in this jet but give scott a call at BRC I'm sure these an obsure clone of one !

Out of curiosity why are you looking at this model is it the fact that its not a foamy ? 

Ok then.

A7 Corsair, plus

AP700DF 70mm EDF

DF210-9GL EDF 5200Kv (280W)

HiModel 'FLY' 40A-3P, 2-6S, OPTO Brushless ESC

Total cost inc delivery = £154.80

Or

'Panther F9F' EDF Jet with Brushless 70mm Fan & Retracts (wish the "Blue Tail" was on this deal)

HiModel 'FLY' 60A-3P, 2-6S, OPTO Brushless ESC

Total cost inc delivery = £160.88

So which is most fun and best value? Does the A7 setup I have proposed work for you?

I'll be honest I am looking into a cheaper motor (HXT 2040 (130L) 4850kv Brushless Inrunner), ESC from Foamyjets. But also I am considering the  F4 Phantom you sell as well, if it can be handlaunched.

A-7 set up won't work, you need a 3800kv + 28mm In-runner or out-runner, 20mm motor will just expire on a multi-blade 70mm fan....soooo, when you put it like that, the Panther. They both have a lot of presence in the air for a small-ish foamie, just bear in mind that the Panther needs 3700mAh pack MINIMUM....500w is a lot on 3s.

The Hurricane is a VQ Warbirds .60 size, with an E-Flight 60 motor, 6s, 16x8 prop, split flaps, nav lights....very scale.....and we import them by special order.

Mossie is the Black Horse one, this one has 1000w of Wasp motors.....so it's very fast, as a Mosquito should be, flaps, retracts, etc.

The L39 is a load of rubbish..............

Nice choice....James won't agree, until he's flown his own A-7 that is, best looking ugly jet ever, apart from the Lightning of course, which is numero uno in my book.....was offered one for a Turbine, the wallet came straight out....until the turbine..S [the emphasis on plural] were priced.....oh dear.

I know someone with the Hawk, flies really well, just DON'T skimp on the retracts, jet fuel is heavy.