Enthusiasm

M'lud

Tell me please, I ve been making models for seven moths, but there are days when I m not so keen to do anything to them. Is this a sign that I m not a true modelmaker as perhaps some of you are.   I do still enjoy making them once I have started,  Does anyone else get off days Reg Ball

Advert

Oooooh he got da bluuuues

oooooh

He got them balsa bashin smashin crashin bluuuues

real bad, man

Oooh yeaaaah

Reg - you wouldn't be human if you didn't have days when you just couldn't face the shed and decided to spend some time with the family instead

I know exactly how you feel. I go through weeks or even months when I just can't be bothered, when I consider the effort involved in repairing the broken models littering the work bench, soldering that broken lead on the servo rescued from the last wreckage, filing the pile of goodies picked up at that show two years ago, re-organising the pile of kit boxes, [AND ALL THIS JUST TO EVEN CATCH SIGHT OF THE BUILDING BOARD!] and I quite rightly decide that the hoovering is much easier.

Be of good spirits - have a beer this weekend, dig out the workbench, powertools, scalpels and razor plane next weekend (oh, and don't have a beer when you do.....).

AlistairT

I often feel like this and I think it is quite common especially towards the end of a project when most of the challenging and interesting bits are done. Just the fiddly bits like covering to do. It takes me longer to finish a model than building the whole airframe. This is true of all the project I take on I hate decorating too.