Photocopying plans

I would just like confirmation that it is OK to copy free plans from the magazine for personal use.

Some machines I like to build again if they fly well, and I would therefore like to copy the plan to avoid the origional getting spoilt.

Good examples of this is the Piwakawaka plan, second machine planing to be built during the winter.

Many thanks

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt recommend photocopying as it does tend to stretch the image a little and enough stretch on enough sheets means problems, I use 'Tile Print' downloadable for free but then you have to pay for the key to make it fully usable, you can alter or rescale no problem.

You call up the file you want then tell it one dimension on the plan and it rescales to that then prints out if you want tiled and with crop marks, it is very accurate and I have used it quite a bit.

If it is a sheet plan then a good scanner is the best bet, I just scan a plan in lumps and number each lump making sure I have a clearly identifyable bit on both adjoining sheets to line up to, you soon get the hang of it and it saves a fortune down the reprographics shop,

regards,         Terry