Possibly going all electric, which motors should I use?

Foxfan

Posted by Foxfan on 26/08/2019 14:38:42:

Kim,

I didn't ask about a Wot4, btw. I hate them! Ugly pigs.

Martin

Sorry, self inflicted confusion compliments of the River Spey!!party

If the info on the motor doesn't give some indication of maximum amps or watts, I'd be wary of buying it.

Maximum amps is a pretty fundamental figure which the user HAS to know or risk burning the motor out.

All i.m.h.o. of course.smiley

Kim

Advert

Yes, the specs should either state max amps or watts, and ideally it should state whether those are continuos ratings or for example 15 seconds. There's a lot that's a compromise and/or approximation with electrics, and generally we start from the expected weight of the model and how it will be flown. I'm sure there's something on electrics for beginners to be found in either the electric power or beginner forums.

I'd better go searching for that, Bob.

I've just spent the afternoon counting my 5s, 2s and 1s and I can afford a s/h 4 stroke! Now all I have to do is find one, a smaller one. I will, I think have a mixture of aircraft, some electric (probably more) some IC, to go with the engines I have (and the dreamed of 4 stroke!)

Martin

Kim, I was thinking probably all the mentions of 4-Max had put a Wot 4 in your mind.

As it happens the club trainer is a Wot 4 and I made arrangements with our instructor to learn on it this morning. Oh well it looks easy to fix!

Martin