Hobbyking Voltigeur

Dave Hess

I'm just putting one together that I've had in its box for a while. When I read reviews, they fall into two categories. Some said that it flew like on rails straight away and others said significant trim problems - mainly veering to the right. Those that mentioned the trim issue, never explained the cause. instead, they adjusted the trim, leaving control surfaces in non-neutral positions, which seems a bit weird.

Does anybody know about this, in particular what causes the trim problem so that I can look out for it?

Has anybody tried this model? If so was it OK or did it need significant trim adjustment?

Advert

Club mate had one of the first ! I took the maiden and had no problems until after 4 minutes all control was lost and it nosedived and broke into large pieces ! Examination showed no reason - everything worked still. Being a foamie he he repaired it ! Second flight ditto !!😨😨 A lot of discussion and web searching followed ! He changed the original ESC and bingo !! Been ok ever since !😇 So change the speedo straight away ! Colin

Posted by Colin Carpenter on 22/09/2019 14:08:44:

Club mate had one of the first ! I took the maiden and had no problems until after 4 minutes all control was lost and it nosedived and broke into large pieces ! Examination showed no reason - everything worked still. Being a foamie he he repaired it ! Second flight ditto !!😨😨 A lot of discussion and web searching followed ! He changed the original ESC and bingo !! Been ok ever since !😇 So change the speedo straight away ! Colin

One of my club mates had a similar problem with two of his models. After much head scratching he worked out that the Deans connectors on both ESCs were not providing a secure connection. After replacing the connections everything worked OK. He said that he should have realised there was a problem as sometimes when he connected the battery and closed the hatch he would get 2 sets of Esc tones as the connector broke and remade contact.