New on Site

Nitro Flyer

Hello Everyone,i just joined the site today and loving being here,i started flying with a plan built model called a HOT POT 54 that I seen the plan for in a 1976 RCM@E magazine in the early eighties,the hot pot 54 was designed by CM Milford, and built by my dad for me back then, I still have the model to this day and it flys fantastic,i fly mainly sport and fast models

Advert

Welcome to the forum Nitro Flyer - why not post a photo off your Hot Pot.......

Hot Pot 54 is one of those designs that was in the Plans Handbook for years but I have never actually seen one. I have the magazine though - RCME Oct 1976 - and although it mentions Hot Pot Mk2 with ailerons the plan only shows a wing without ailerons. Maybe that other wing in the catalogue photo which says 48 on it is the aileron wing. Article says it borrows ideas from Super 60, Tyro and STOL.

Hello Steven Shaw,Steven Hargreaves,KC, thanks for the warm welcomesmiley,yes hotpot 54 showed the aileron wing in the magazine but plan is only non aileron wing,the magazine and plan say engine is a enya 19,which I have flown it on but it is way under powered so I changed it out in later years for a os 32,which is way more powerfull for getting into the air then throttle back and tootle about lol,hotpot is also quite aerobatic with loops and even rudder rolls but mostly just tootle about with it,,Steven Shaw sorry for the way I wrote the rcm and e thinking it was a link,KC I think that's why it called hotpot because of the mix of different models its based on.