Spektrum Autogyro set-up

Roy Hill 3

Advert

Posted by Don Fry on 28/10/2019 16:29:41:

Auto gyros go as a fixed wing. I assume you have throttle, elevator, and rudder. The rotor is normally just a lifting device without servos.

Don, most autogyros have a pivoting head, which the servos tilt, depending on the set up the servos will either be set up as delta wing or conventional elevator/aileron.

Thanks Frank and Don. I thought that this bring a variety of answers. My autogyro will have throttle and rudder but no elevator. I have already built a prototype pivoting head which will be controlled by 1 servo for forward and back tilt and another for side to side tilt. Back to you, chaps!

Sounds like you need to set it up as a conventional wing, elevator will make it tilt forward and back and aileron left and right. On the elevator servo pulling back on the elevator stick will cause the rotor head to tilt back, left aileron will cause it to tilt to the left.

Have a read on the various autogyro threads for setting c or g and head angle etc.

• 3 years later...

I am building a model RC gyrocopter, with three servos. one for rudder and two connected to the rotor head. What set -up do I need for the rotor head servos?

Should it be one  servo  for the aileron channel, and the other for the elevator channel as conventional fix-wing ?

Or should they be set up as V-tail?

I am using a Spectrum D8 Tx.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

David

David, it will depend on the linkage layout to the rotor head, you want it to tile backwards and forwards to elevator control and side to side to aileron control. On the ones I've built the rotor head servos are usually configured as a "delta wing", V-tail would mean the rotor head is controlled by the Rudder and Elevator stick.