PT-26 Info

David Ovenden

I have the plans for a 90" span PT-26 designed by Sepp Uiberlacher. The plans came from Traplet (now Sarik) and say they were (c) RC Model World 2012. Does anyone know if the plan feature article was in RC Model World and, if so, what month it was?

I'm also interested to know if anyone has built one and what engine they used. The designer apparently used a Laser 150.

I built a 72" span version from plans back in the late 80s and am still flying a Great Planes 85" PT-19 model so I seem to have a soft spot for this aircraft!

Edited By David Ovenden on 16/02/2020 08:27:29

Advert

Thanks kc. Yes, I had looked at Magazine exchange and Pocket Mags but couldn't find the PT-26 plan mentioned anywhere in the descriptions on even spot a photo on the cover of a mag. Maybe it was never featured in a magazine - or maybe it was in RC Scale International magazine? Just wondered if anyone remembered seeing a write up feature on this plan.

What's the plan number? I have a couple of Traplet plan handbooks and they dont list as a PT26 but they do have a numerical plan No list which might reveal more- eg likely date.

The 71inch version by R Hodson is listed under Fairchild Cornell not PT26.

That plan number is much later than my handbook, so its well after 2005.

All their plans had MW prefix including EFI and RC Scale so it may be in the Scale mag.

It is also just possible it was never published in a mag. I noticed that the Jan 2013 summary mentioned Sepp U in conjunction with John Ransome's article.

Edited By kc on 16/02/2020 18:08:05

Michael, yes I still have the magazine from when I built my model from the Hodsdon plan. They fly very well indeed. Mine had a 1st version OS90FS IIRC.

My Great Planes PT-19 model has done a great deal of flying with its Saito 115. It was always a good flyer but so much better once I added split flaps and proper sprung oleo u/c legs and scale-size wheels. Touch and goes are so easy with this model now.

Looking to build a slightly bigger and more scale version now. The Sepp Uiberlacher version should do the trick and has the enclosed canopy that the PT-19 doesn't have. (keeps the dust and muck out of the cockpit)

• 3 weeks later...