Ivor's F-86 Progress

pssa f86 3.jpgpssa f86 2.jpgHere's my F-68 from the short kit but with a few mods. The biggest one being the addition of a 70mm EDF and 6S Lipo battery. This required a new fuselage design following the plan and parts but with a new set of formers laser cut by my son. I also reversed the wing servos to come out of the upper skin to avoid damage on landing.

The inlet is connected to a matching duct to provide air to the EDF and a Secondary inlet added to the Center section of the wing. The cannons are from the MotionRC/Freewing F-86, Cost all of $8.

The tail ended up with a lot of looking at photos and the F-86 at the Museum of Flight. Up next is painting it.

pssa f-86 1.jpg

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how top add text once you post photos, but here is the EDF version of the mass build F-86. Colour scheme is from Argentinian Aerobatic team Cruz del Sur, or Southern Cross. Seemed a little more jazzy than the RCAF I had planned to use. It weighs 3.6 lb without battery. Flying Slopes are hard to find around here unless you want to drive four hours over the mountains to Richland WA. We don't have a problem with slopes but they are all covered in trees.I have a bungee catapult launcher so I will use that at our local grass field.

All the paint work was hand done, with home made decals for details like roundels and tail markings.

All for now.