Model transfer via SD card & binding

Christopher Morris 2

Hi, just had a firmware update & a clear out of my DX8e & reinstall & bound the models for a fresh start. I also have a DX6e so transferred/copied from the Dx8e via SD card to the DX6e. But noticed i had to re-bind all the planes on the DX6e. Is this normal?? & would it not be transferred the bind info via the SD card. It was just a curiosity to see if something was wrong & that was the norm.

Thanks

Advert

Not quite the same problem, I downloaded a setup for my Blade 230s helicoptor for a DX6 Tx and put it on an sd card but when I insert the card and turn on the Tx the screen goes blank. Remove the card and the screen starts up as normal. I wonder if the card is too big a size as I had this problem on a digital camera where the camera could not recognise a too large a card memeory wise. I did this on an earlier DX6 Tx which later packed up but it worked then, not sure which card I used.

Another query or my misreading of the manual. It states that if you transfer a model by SD card then it will wipe out all models in the Tx not just the model being replaced, Have I read that correctly?

Thanks inadvance.

John

Another strange thing I noticed was the download had the same file name for the 6 & 8. So I updated the 8 & moved onto the 6e & nothing happened "strange" So I put the card back in the computer & noticed the file was not there any more. So, it doesn't copy the file, it transfers it completely. I also noticed it took about 3 times to load onto the 6e & seemed to have hiccups when looking for the file. But we got there in the end & all is fine.

John, I had a similar occurance with my Gen 1 DX8 a few years ago. One day I switched it on at the field and it gave a long beep and wouldn't power up. My son googled it on his smartphone and told me that happened if the SD card had gone faulty. I removed the SD card and it has worked faultlessly ever since. I haven't tried inserting another card as I've never had the need - 30 memories are enough for me and I haven't wanted to update the firmware.

I can't remember the size of the card I removed, but it wasn't very big, perhaps less than 1 Gb.