Your standard insatallation of FRSKY equipment

Andy J

Advert

Still unclear the way to go on this issue so not at all sure if your design will meet my needs Chis.

The reason I delay making an equipment choice is that I have now elected to put all the receiver electronics in the rear luggage bay of my 1/4 scale Tiger Moth but at the moment I have only taken one power lead to this position so if I want to have dual redundancy on power I will have to re-wire and introduce possibly a third battery.

Thinking therefore I may do initial flights with just a dual Rx set up and then move to introduce power redundancy.

Just acquired a second petrol powered plane so the options on which way to go with that airframe remain as well.

Given the Turnigy red power distribution is somewhat cheaper than an RB-20 from FRSKY and has an opto isolated kill switch for the engine think that is possibly the best choice at the moment but not sure it will fit in the Tiger Moth.

Andy before going down the Turnigy route look at these from 4-Max. I've got both and imo the 4-Max ones are better quality (even though they look very similar).

@Chris - was only thinking of the connection to make them more universal rather than RX specific. But if not then I would go for X8R

Well as luck would have it over last weekend there was the very power distribution unit on ebay. Made an attempt to buy it but after the price got close to £60 gave up.

Looking closely at the unit it appears to have several inherent design issues IMO. Using a small adjustable pot to set the UBEC voltage is possibly not a good idea in a high vibration environment. Also the LED for the CDI output cant I assume be extended to make it viewable outside the airframe.