Just saying hello!

Hi kc,

I'd be very happy to start a thread on any model that anyone expresses an interest in. I have a lot more photos of the more recent models during building than I do of the older ones because the older models' photos were usually sent to the publisher and not returned. Since digital photography became mainstream of course copies can be made at the drop of a hat and sent by email so I still have all my originals.

The Prentice is one of the pre-digital models but it is a special case because I had built a glow-powered model of it before and had good memories of it so when an amateur film maker came and said he wanted to film a model through its' building process I immediately decided that I would build a second from basically the same drawings - but adapted for electric. It is his film that I used to post the short flying sequence on YouTube. There is a chance I still have the whole film he produced.

The AUW was 3 lbs 8 oz giving a wing loading of 17 oz/sq.ft. so it flew on 2S LiPos with 12" x 8" Zinger wood prop and a Tower Pro TP2915 930 motor.

Just say if you'd still like a separate thread and I'll start it.

Robin

Advert

Well I certainly would like to see a separate thread on each model and I guess the rest of the forum would too.   Not really because I intend to build one but just for general info and to know what is possible. The weight of 3 lb 8 oz for a 62 inch model suggests some interesting weight saving construction. Like many RCME readers I missed out on many ModelWorld articles so it would be nice to hear a bit about the construction methods used.

Edited By kc on 07/06/2020 18:42:39

Hi kc,

I have started the thread as you suggested in the scale glow and electric forum entitled 'Robin Fowler's Percival Prentice'. I hope you - and others - will find it interesting, if perhaps somewhat brief - we shall see!

Best wishes,

Robin

Edited By Robin Fowler on 07/06/2020 22:34:33