Taranis X9D+ / S6R Trainer Issue

Graeme Sharp

I'm looking for some help resolving an issue with the S6R receiver. I'm connecting a spectrum DXe slave transmitter with a cable through the 3.5mm trainer jack in the back to my X9D+ master transmitter. The 4 main stick channels all transfer fine when the trainer switch is pulled. The issue is with the mode switch. When I hold the trainer switch the receiver will go into auto level mode.
Is there a way to program the X9D+ transmitter such that when the trainer switch is pulled the mode switch still works on the master transmitter or some other way of stopping the receiver going into auto level mode?

Advert

To help your thinking Graheme, there is no transfer to the DXe via cable.

The S6R is bound only to the X9D and the S6R obeys only the instructions from the Master X9D

The cable just allows the sticks of the DXe to take control.

The mode control needs assigning away from the trainer switch

Or use a regular receiver

Edited By Denis Watkins on 15/06/2020 11:21:25

It sounds as though you have the trainer switch assigned to ch 12 - panic mode. Assuming that you are running OpenTX then go into Mixers and Special Functions to check nothing is assigned to the momentary switch.

The TRAINER tab assigns incoming channel signals from the buddy lead to specific outputs to the receiver, as long as channels 9-12 are not defined here then everything is being controlled from the model settings on the X9D.  I don't use thhe trainer functions myself but it looks as though SH is assigned as trainer switch in either the transmitter Global Functions or the model settings. SH shouldn't appear anywhere else, definitely not in mixers or special functions with an Override CH12!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 15/06/2020 11:46:40

Bob, I think you're correct.

I have the modes (ch.10) on switch SB and the Panic (ch.12) on switch SH. Trainer was set as a special function on switch SH. So it must be activating the panic mode each time I pull the trainer switch! I've set the Panic (ch.12) to switch SF and will give it a go this evening.

Thanks for your help.