More good service

Yesterday mid afternoon I ordered some Rx batteries From SMC in Worthihg . I paid by Lloyds debit card but the security check failed as the screen went blank while connecting to Lloyds. I repaid with a Halifax debit card - no problems. Usually I get a confirmation email and another to say the order has been sent, but didn't get either. My cart was empty so assumed it had gone through. Checked this morning still no email. 11.30 this morning the batteries arrived safely.

Well done SMC and the postie.

John

• 3 months later...

Recent orders from Just Engines (x2), Steve Webb, SMC, all by return, Hobby King should have been included but they and I were comprehensively let down by Parcel Force who texted us that they would deliver between 17.04 and 18.04 the day after the order - then texted us that they couldn't deliver at 13.04 'cos there wasn't anybody in (I was stacking logs in the yard and SWMBO was in the kitchen at that time) and had left the packet at a Post Office 5 miles away 3 minutes later. Not even a good/convincing liar! So there wasn't even an option to attempt delivery the following day.

To compound the 'felony' - being well blessed in years and having a few health issues we both do our best to shield ourselves so do our best to avoid small enclosed spaces like rural post offices!

Okay - so usual action - several attempts to negotiate Parcel Force's Internet site, gave up, tried again and found their Customer Services and after much hanging about a nice sympathetic young lady spoke to me and after listening to my tale of woe assured me a Manager would be phoning me back. Well, it's 3 days and still nutt'n. The day after I had another go at the site and left an extended message relating my dissatisfaction with Parcel Force. The message was acknowledged with a promise to reply within 48 hrs - well it's 48 hrs and surprise, surprise - not a dickie bird.

Yep - brings back memories of nationalised businesses.

• 2 months later...

I would like to add Grabit Adhesives To the list of Good Service Companies .

After flying on Sunday I noticed a crack in my foamy fuz, It needed a bit of foam safe cyno , no space to run "normal glue". so Monday ordered some from Grabit , knowing its a holiday , so what a surprise to find it delivered this morning .Great I can now mend my plane before the weekend comes .

But tier 4 has come to spoil the party !

cheers folks

Happy New Year

I would like to add Grabit Adhesives To the list of Good Service Companies .

After flying on Sunday I noticed a crack in my foamy fuz, It needed a bit of foam safe cyno , no space to run "normal glue". so Monday ordered some from Grabit , knowing its a holiday , so what a surprise to find it delivered this morning .Great I can now mend my plane before the weekend comes .

But tier 4 has come to spoil the party !

cheers folks

Happy New Year