Futaba T8J and Detrum Istonepro gyro

Mike White 3

Hi everybody, Have Futaba T8J tx and R2006gs rx with Detrum Istone pro 6 axis gyro, I am using 2 Aileron channels 1 and 6, flaperon set to ACT to enable this. When gyro is included, Elevator and Rudder movements are reversed and both Ailerons move in the same direction. Elevator and Rudder can be changed by reversing in tx, but no matter what I do with Ailerons they both move in the same direction. Can anyone help?

Advert

Hi Denis, without Gyro in the circuit, Ailerons are fine, on T8J if using 2 channels for Ailerons I have always set flaperons to 'ACT' else I only get right Aileron moving.. and it in flaperon that you actually set the Aileron movement when using 2 channels. channel 6 has always worked for me as 2nd Aileron channel.

Mike, I have had a look at the manual for the Detrum stabiliser and your receiver.

The R2006GS 6 channel receiver doesn't appear to have SBus so you need to look at the PWM output.

The stabiliser requires input of aileron, elevator & rudder only. This is achieved by a special cable which plugs into your receiver in the standard fashion, but delivers only the signal to one input on the stabiliser marked A/E/R. I assume this cable is provided with the stabiliser.

Outputs to the servos are from Ail1 and Ail for ailerons, Ele for elevator and Rud for rudder.

Forget flaperons or any other fancy mix, the gyro only handles ailerons, elevator & rudder, so reset these to normal.

If the ailerons both move in the same direction from a single input, then connect both aileron servos to Ail1 with a Y lead.

All other outputs, throttle, flaps, gear etc. are not controlled by the gyro and are just plugged into the receiver in the normal way.

The operational mode of the gyro is controlled by an assigned three way switch on your transmitter, the output of which is connected to the stabilisers input marked Mode

Hope that helps. Any further problems let us know.

Cheers GDB

PS I assume you have the manual, if not it's available here Detrum Istone Pro manual