Laser Powered Models

Chris Walby

Just a little reverse logic as most of my decisions have been to pick a subject and then select a power plant to suit. I am and hopefully others would be interested in opinions of what engine and model combination's work well.

Laser 70, Acrowot ARTF, no major install mods and flies very well

Laser 70 twin, Dual Ace ARTF, minor install mods and flies very well

Laser 70 twin, Seagull Mosquito, nacelle mods required, flies well

Laser 180, Seagull Hurricane, minor engine bay mods, flies well (still to sort out the landing issues

….just in case someone has an engine in a box or is short of ideas, wink

Advert

I'm about to make a start on a Warbirds Spitfire.

When it gets to where I actually need the engine (I always build the wings and tail first) I will probably buy a Laser 70 for it.

Because with the rear pushrods and rocker box it won't stick out of the cowl as much as an OS, which are the engines I have always used before.

Also using a Laser makes you appear to be one of the learned 'cognoscenti'

OK then Chris, here we go:

Laser 80 - Warbird Replica LA-7, 63" mounted at '8 o'clock', Great Planes U Can Do, fuel tank lowered new underside of fuse nose required, Seagull Radial Rocket, no changes.

Laser 100 - Great Planes U Can Do, same fuel tank mods as above, Seagull Radial Rocket (overpowered!)

Laser 155 - Wots Wot XL, tank lowered, Hangar 9 Taylor Craft no mods

Laser 160v - Wots wot XL tanks mods as above, 2 x for ESM Tigercat, nacelle mods for twin tanks

Laser 180 - Wots Wot XL tank mods as above, ESM Hurricane no mods

Laser 240v - ESM Bearcat no mods.

Laser GA30 - ESM Hurricane no mods, Great Planes Giant Super Sportster no mods, Goldwing SBACH 300 30cc no mods

Posted by Chris Walby on 18/07/2020 20:49:37:

What a bunch of useless answers laugh

So much for a nice list models recommended by Laser owners that could tempt people in selecting a model and an engine...oh well it was worth a try.

Its enough to drive one to buy a multi...when available! wink

Wotcher mean, useless answers? You didn't ask a question so you got 'responses' not answers.

As for your list it's just a few ready made naff Chinese toys. That's not 'aeromodelling' at all

Edited By Richard Clark 2 on 19/07/2020 03:07:32

Thanks Ron, just what I was looking for.

I forgot my first as I moved to the dark side (if you have come to the hobby in the last 5 years I.C. is the dark side, well no electric light).

Laser 70, BH Speed Air 46, minor mods mounted at 9 o'clock originally electric, even more fun when IC smiley