Blade MCX

Andy Pickford

I know this isn't the helicopter forum page but i think i should share this. I prefer flying planes (because i cant fly my helicopter!!) but i went in to my local model shop and had a go with the Blade MCX. This thing is so small but it flies so well. I couldn't resist getting one. I'm sure a lot of aircraft people will turn there noses up at this but just give it a try first they are so much fun. Its a fantastic little thing to have a laugh with.

Advert

• 3 months later...
I've just got an MCX and its great, loads of fun flying "Nap Of The Earth" over the furniture and precision landings on dining table place mats having found a route through the light fitting!
Slightly more seriously I'm practicing nose in hovers so I can do them with my Sceadu.

• 1 month later...
I've mixed in 50% Rudder with what would be aileron on mine (I use my DX6i tranny) which gives great smooth turns.  I turn off the mix for precision stuff like landing.
Incidently, I broke one of the landing gear struts through a bad landing and a friend repaired it using a piece of a biro refill (the end without ink) as a splint adding a little thin cyano which osmosis'd itself throughout the join. 

• 2 weeks later...
The charger mod looks like a good idea considering the alarming charge rates in Timbo's link (above).  Does anyone know the name of the plug and socket used on the LiPo's?  I'd like the chance to charge them with my charger.  I might just have to risk my BladeMCX charger and do the mod.  I can't see where is the take off for the single cell external charging socket.