Multiplex telemetry issue.

Paul Bromley

Hi All,

I believe I am doing something stupid but probably too stupid to see what it is. I am setting up a new model with my Multiplex cockpit sx12 and have added one of my cell monitors ( https://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte/85421-lipo-saver-2...6s-fuer-m-link) to monitor the lowest cell. On test the telemetry either does not see the sensor or shows a negative figure of either -0.4v or -2.1v this occurs on the three sensors I have tried so all can't be faulty I have rebound the transmitter numerous times the RX telemetry i.e.not from a remote sensor works as usual. The plug orientation to the sensor makes no difference and I have tried three receivers ? before I lost what little hair I have left anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul.

Have you connected the sensor to launcher and checked that it is on the latest firmware and is displaying correctly on launcher too.

Also when you are measuring the lipo voltage is the same lipo powering the receiver via the ESC, if not it may be giving a false reading because it is not on a common ground.

Solved ... here's what I am doing I disconnect the ESC BEC by removing the red wire from the throttle/power plug then wire a separate Castle Creations BEC into the main power plug to the lipo then to the receiver. I have just disconnected my separate BEC and reinstated the red wire to the ESC BEC and all works as it should. Clearly continuity is lost somewhere to the balance plug on the pack / sensor. Is there a way around this, basically I don't trust cheap BEC in chinese speed controllers supplied with models.

Just as an experiment, have you tried seeing if the sensor works if you use a separate receiver battery instead of the separate BEC with the red wire removed from the ESC servo plug.

I can't see why a separate BEC should be causing a problem though, but it maybe related to the sequence the sensor and receiver are powered up.

Note I had an issue with a 150amp sensor, not always starting when the receiver was powered from the BEC on a Castle Creations ESC using a connector to the Lipo with a resistor antispark shunt, use a separate receiver battery and remove the ESC red wire and it now works every time. Could the CC BEC be causing some incompatibility with the sensor, I thought it was the shunt resistor I was using but maybe it wasn't.

Paul, it might not be a separate BEC, but maybe something peculiar to the castle creations BEC, as I noted my 150amp sensor wouldn't work when the Rx was powered by the BEC in a Castle Creations ESC. I'd put this down to my antiflash series resistor connector, but maybe it was the BEC.

As a final test try just powering the receiver from the Castle Creations BEC without plugging the battery into the ESC .

What size flight battery are you using and do you use any antispark connector?

Thanks Steve / Frank, I will explore further tomorrow. The cells are 4000 man 6S I use xt90 anti spark connectors. I can say the sensor does not work when BEC powered and the main pack is not connected.

I can manage a lightbulb and a switch but this LOL !!!!!

Good wishes.

Paul.