Durafly me109e help

A Davidson

Hi world

I have a Durafly 109 and having discovered just how ***** difficult they can be on take off, I also found they tip stall at anything below Mach 2.
I would like to ask you experts two things

1 how can I avoid the tip stall

2 Does anyone have any exhaust stacks and side fus air intake please. My replacement fuselage is devoid and HK are not producing.
Any help would be much appreciated

Al

I had one of these until recently, but unfortunately haven't got any spares. I never found it particularly prone to tip stall, so perhaps your c of g is a bit rearward. The forward rake of the u/c means it is less prone to nosing over than some warbirds.

However, take-offs can be tricky as it is very prone to swing to the left. I had a couple of cartwheels when it swung left and lifted off too soon. I think the problem is caused by that big scale prop providing a lot of torque reaction, especially if flown with a 4s pack, which mine was. My take off method was:-

No flap.

No more than half throttle.

Be ready with right rudder.

I'll try to post a link to a video of my one flying. I only sold it to make space for an FMS 1400mm 109, which is a pussycat by comparison!

The actions at take off sound very much like the full size. Easing the throttle open and keeping the tail wheel on the ground until there is enough speed to lift the tail and get the rudder working were some of the actions taken. Pilots of 109's also make sure the left wheel oleo strut is pumped up hard to limit the left turn effect.

Thanks folks. I had the vicious tip stall on a landing go around. I opened the throttle as I would with a non warbird. (Rearward c of g and 4s ) and it span. Nearly recovered by killing the throttle but the stupid ground looked up too soon. Will definitely try the suggestions and also fly off grass rather that a very disused, disused airfield. The ruts and bumps are magic at getting airborne in under 2 feet. Not much further forward after that though😒😊

Thanks again for the advice and great vid.

Just looking for the spares bits now.

Al

JD8.. The oleo pressure ‘get around’ was also repeated by the pilots flying the 109 for the film Battle of Britain. They would taxi back in if they felt the pressure was not correct. The Luftwaffe original pilots suffered greatly as it was never classed as a novices a/c although 1 or 2 felt it was superior to our Spitfire

A

Having had one of these in the past, I would also advise:

Put your incidence meter on the wings and check for warps........mine were 3 degrees out. Warped wings do not help with the tip stall.

Also worth trying a couple of turns of "up" aileron, which helps with the slow flying.

good luck!.