Spitfire rework

Bobby

Had to move u/c servo fwd to give rods correct angle movement, cowling a major rework but getting there, Polyester fibre glass resin with wing bandage inside/ fibre glassed infused putty for the outside, only light weight fibre glass cloth for outside to do, then final coat of polyester/colour mix resin to finish. Plus exhaust stacks if I can think of a easy way to make them. I did find a good company for my roundels for both the Spit and my P40 at a reasonable price ( Final Vinal) no connection!! to me, just good service. Angela (wife) and I now fully Phizered so able to go out should the weather improve. Thanks to the member who put the love thing for the wheel spats, just alloy sheet nothing special.  --  Bob-ble  (my daughter in laws name for me!!) 

• 1 month later...
Advert

Maybe I will get this addition right words first pics second. Wish I had taken a free black instead of the red, one of those buy two get one free, as the green was not successful in covering, pleased with the trip lip on the cowling but a rethink regards green, was thinking of mixing red, blue for brown and then green mixed in for dark green !?, the amounts are so small Resin sold by grams but must be mixed by volume and colour by percentage so rely on dropper, scales and syringe painful thinking for an oldie like me !! if the resin was like water 1 grm = 1 ml according to Mr google. Given an easy fix for the Ex/Stacks (yet to d o).       

DSCF2148.JPG

DSCF2149.JPG

DSCF2151.JPG

DSCF2157.JPG

DSCF2166.JPG

DSCF2165.JPG

• 1 month later...

DSCF2203.thumb.JPG.9450cf82bdc2e2ca5aa3ced2f5d6a4b3.JPGDSCF2204.thumb.JPG.9d4e7c4b3f7ac4e9135e2f5179247d5c.JPGDSCF2206.thumb.JPG.aef03d402d3f711e91ce3fa4644c4ffd.JPGWords first. Well as you can see the cowling while a uniform colour is pants for being accurate. Think I will fly first and then and only then, try to re-do cowling/fit stacks/add wing panel lines and fin bars. This year or what is left of it, will fly my loved Bipe's one and two. See you again in 2022 should I live so long ?    DSCF2203.thumb.JPG.9450cf82bdc2e2ca5aa3ced2f5d6a4b3.JPGDSCF2204.thumb.JPG.9d4e7c4b3f7ac4e9135e2f5179247d5c.JPGDSCF2204.thumb.JPG.9d4e7c4b3f7ac4e9135e2f5179247d5c.JPGDSCF2206.thumb.JPG.aef03d402d3f711e91ce3fa4644c4ffd.JPG

Edited by Bobby
Finger trouble did one twice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

does not matter what I do, cannot get how to do this awful forum thingy OVER AND OUT ?

Words first.

then new line

Picture then press return for a new line and more words. Press return for a new line.

Add picture then press return for a new line and more words. Press return for a new line.

Add picture then press return for a new line and more words. Press return for a new line.

All that is needed is the returns before and after the picture.

Clear as mud?

Hi Dale, thank you for the like have to say, apart from the cowlings awful colour I do believe it looks a bit better now.  ?                                             

Hi Early Bird, I do like your sense of humour , but if its for real, as John the mac the Row would say YOU cannot be serious !. I did think of starting a thread on my next build a Veron Hawker Tomtit but, one, its already been done on the Rcgroups forum thing and this site is no longer my cup of tea so bland compared to the original which was so colourful and much easier to use.  Hope to post a pic next year if I fly it (75y in a few weeks) maybe I will not be around who knows last man standing in my blood family. ?

Dad flyer not confused just !!??   ?        

• 2 months later...

Yes old grumpy is back, just had to finish the cowling! could not leave as was, model now truly ready for a ground run and then flight early next year or maybe before. Did ask a mod to tidy up my last post, guess he has the same side bar pre-view as me and decided not to open! never mind A! ?

DSCF2259.JPG

DSCF2260.JPG

DSCF2262.JPG

DSCF2265.JPG

DSCF2266.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

• Like 1