Hanger 9 P47

Dave M

I everyone, I have just taken delivery of a Hanger 9 P47, I have searched on line for the recomended retract servo but it is only available from the good old USofA. Does anyone have this model and can you recommend a suitable servo. I understand that  budget is not the way to go in this case.

As ever, thanks in advance

Dave

Advert

Just one other thought Dave, which may or may not be applicable to the P47 - I've just recently assembled the H9 P51 Mustang and this too had mechanical retracts.  I had a TERRIBLE job trying to get these to work smoothly and efficiently and in the end gave up and replaced them with eletrically operated retracts from LADO.  These are drop-in replacements for the H9 models and not too badly priced.  They are beautifully smooth in operation and so simple to fit - all you have is a normal servo-type lead which simply plugs into the Rx.  Worth a thought if you do have trouble with the mechanical retracts.

Cheers,

Tim.

Dave, I have had the p47 for over 2 years - i bought it the day it was released. I used a Hitec HS75BB retract servo. It all worked staight away with no fiddling at all. 2 years flying as my primary model and the gear has never missed a beat. The only thing that needs tweaking every now and again is the freeplay on the legs when lowered. There is a grub screw on the retract leg which takes up the free play when lowered. Needs adjusting with legs retracted and checked with legs lowered. Takes a few adjustments during first few flights while it settles in and just the odd tweak now and then. I love my 'Jug' (see below) Enjoy your model - its a great flyer, good presence and with a big 4 stroke sounds awesome. Rich

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31881/P47_D_Thunderbolt_2.jpg

Richard, thank you for youe response, very positive and encouraging. You clearly enjoy your model, what better recommendation can there be! Your advice on maintaining the U/C is useful too, I hope mine is as successful as your version and has as trouble free operation.

thanks again,

Dave