JR xp652 memory cell

kenb

Not on a 652 but I did do so on my JR3810 which had a similar back up memory cell, as indeed did all the JR transmitters from the early 90's until the PCM9XII.

That was back in about 2005, there were all sorts of scare stories about at the time indicating potential problems but mine swapped out without a hitch.

Terry. I was in the same boat as you. Bought mine in 2008 never used just stored. I fitted a Frsky 2.4gig module, everything ok then found out about the 5 year battery. The cell is a cr2032 coin cell and is situated on the motherboard. To get to it, you have to remove the RF board , then remove 4 screws that hold the motherboard,lift the board and you can see the cell, it will probably have a yellow insulation round it. Mine still read 3.28volts but after 12 years on a 5year cell thought best to change it as it is powering the memory chip whenever the tx switched off. Without it all memory would be lost, including l believe the basic function of the set. There may be members of this forum who could explain in more detail. Unfortunately getting access to remove the cell is a bit of a pain, you have to remove the daughter board, or as I did, the switches at the top. Don't know how long it is before memory is gone so I proped it up with a remote cell while I removed and replaced it. Hope all this is of help. Best of luck.

Ken

Thanks Ken, that sounds relatively easy. How is the remote cell connected if the original is still in place? Just for interest I bought mine in 2000. I had it set up for a heli, all of the settings are still there. Just as a check I programmed another aircraft in the memory with a delta wing mix, all working properly!! But better safe than sorry.

Cheers, Terry.

Hi Terry.

I connected a separate 3v cell then managed to wrangle the old one out. Then fitted the remote cell on about 4inch lead on to the solder pads. If ever you need to change it again you don't need to strip it down. Fasten the cell down with some servo tape. Then remove support batery..Hope that makes sense.

Ken b