Balsa Cabin Electric Glider Plans

Advert

Ahhhh Balsa Cabin - I just love their designs. I've had just about all of them at one time or another. I'm currently on my third Sonata. The Serenade is a powered glider that has a small glow engine up front, 63" span. The electric gliders are the Sonata E at 78" (2m) and the Rhapsody 100" (2.5m). The Sorrento is one of their new designs that looks rather nice, as does the Ravello. I have a plan for the Rhapsody sitting about somewhere, and a sonata plan. The only difference I could see in the Sonata E was the width of the fuselage. Would either be of interest?

Andy.

• 2 years later...
I've got a Sonata kit and a Fantasia (100" not electric) kit in the stash at the moment. The Rhapsody is the 100" electric glider which as far as I can see is the same as the fantasia, just wider to accomodate the motor in the nose. It was designed for a Speed 600 with a 2.8:1 gearbox. A 36mm inrunner should fit nicely.
The Sonata E was the electric Sonata and the fuselage on that was again wider.
I have a Rhapsody that just needs covering so I can check that it's just the width. I may even still have the plan if I can remeber what I did with it.
Andy.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I am the person who bought the company that manufacturered the range of balsa cabin gliders (Sonata, Serenade, Rhapsody and Fantasia). I am starting get ready to re manufacterer a small quantity of these kits if anyone is interested then email me there are 8 in the range

Sonata, Sonata-e and sonata e-classic (slightly larger)
Serenade, Serenade-e and serenade e-classic (slightly larger)
Rapsody (electric glider)
Fantasia (thermal glider)

Regards,
Tony

OK this is really weird.

Tony, believe it or not I was going through my phone yesterday and your phone number is there from when you were at RC Superstore. I wondered what you were up to and whether the Balsa Cabin kits would ever surface again. And here you are on the forum. Weird or what.

You can definately put me down for a couple when you get some produced. The Sonata is still the best thermal soarer I ever had and I'm just covering the Rhapsody I bought from you way back.

Andy

Tony this is as Andy says really weird, and here you are offering kits again. As I have already built the Sonata E which I loved, I thought the kits were gone forever. I'll PM you as I would love to build another basic Sonata or even a larger version for some simple slope or thermal soaring.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hey Guys,

Glad ya all still building and flying, its gonna be a while before they are ready to roll. Plenty of new things coming soon tho, i need a couple of testers to give me some feedback on a new site im working on if ya'll interested.

Really pleased to hear from you both.
Tony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Trying to get a plan for the Fantasia thermal glider designed by Cliff Goater and originally supplied by The Balsa Cabin a number of years ago .I've tried all the links above and a pile of other sites e.g, forums , Outerzone and the like with no success .Can't find Flying Ace Kits either .

Any help appreciated