Cox G Size Starter Battery Reproduction

Levent Suberk

Cox Starter Battery Box ReproductionPrintable label for G size Cox starter battery reproduction using D size batteries. Laser orint on vinyl give best result. I formed thin cardboard around D size battery, then applied sticker. I glued a plastic under tube and glued with epoxy. A screw and nut used as connector. This type of starter battery needs a special fork shape clip to use. Simply jolt the cardboard tube to remove battery.

Download link:

**LINK**

Cox Starter Battery Reproduction

Edited By Levent Suberk on 23/12/2020 14:11:52

Advert

I'd forgotten those. We used to have some cylindrical cells at work - probably around 2" diameter and 6" long with a screw terminal and flying lead - I don't recall their official use but many of our field engineers powered radios from 8 of them wired in series when car radios were not fitted in the Morris Minor and Vauxhall Viva derived vans of the time. I might very possibly have used one for glow batteries at some point...

Digging round that site reminds me of dismantling a 90v pack to create a 67.5v battery ( 3 of the 4 "piles" ) to fit inside an old multimeter bought from a stall in the local market. Are any of these high tension batteries still available, I wonder - H&S get very sniffy at anything DC above 60v these days...

Edited By Martin Harris on 23/12/2020 15:04:10