Silver Oratex

Limobob

Does anybody have any experience of using silver Oratex? I have use silver Solartex in the past and whilst i loved Solartex the silver was awful stuff, marked very easily and in my case didn’t seem to shrink as tight as other stuff. Oratex is readily available over here and a tad cheaper than Solartex was it has however gone up quite dramatically in price recently and i do not want to buy a large quantity in silver and find it is not acceptable.

Advert

I have recently used some silver solar film that I had in my stock box, it was simply horrid to get to stick down . I was going to cover the whole wing of my Webbit I am building but did not get any further with it than the ailerons. Never have any trouble with any other Solarfilm colours.

p.s I realise the original post was for Oratex but just thought I would throw this in.

Dave

Edited By LHR Dave on 29/12/2020 09:01:31

Thanks Dwain for your input including the link to your Cessna build. The Oratex certainly looks excellent with no visible marking. We were all sad with the demise of Solartex which was a wonderful product loved by modelbuilders worldwide and i have used it on many models, just the silver i did not take to, sorry!!