Tier 4 ?

tigerman

Advert

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 31/12/2020 10:19:27:

I will not fly until things change or I am vaccinated.

I'm not aiming this comment at you Simon, just using your words for example.

When the government announced that the gap between the first and second vaccines would be increased from 3 weeks to 12 weeks, I breathed a sigh of relief. The reason they gave was to focus on giving as many people.as possible some degree of immunity from their first jab rather than using supplies and resources on giving the partially immune their second jab. Whilst I agree with this strategy, I think there is a more important reason for doing it.

I had concerns that with the original strategy, as soon as people had received their second jab, they would change their behaviours back to normal and put the remaining non-immunised people at risk. The 12 week strategy should ensure that the majority of high risk people are partially immunised before the first people start to go their own merry way.

Could this government decision actually be one of the first they've got right, albeit for the wrong reason?

Edited By Gary Manuel on 01/01/2021 12:12:45