NGH 30

Tony Richardson

Hi all, just a question regarding the NGH 30 petrol engine, does anyone have one and if so what is it like for power quality of build?

I have its big brother the NGH 38 and unlike some I have had no issues with build quality, the 38 has lots of torque to turn large diameter props bit of a shaker at idle but no worse than any other motor when throttled up.

Tony

Advert

Manish I fly my 38 on a Great Planes Curtis P6e 73 inch span and it pulls it around the sky very nicely with a 20x6 composite prop ( APC or Master Airscrew ) the model tends to be slightly faster on the APC and I think this because the APC is stiffer than the Master airscrew , RPM are in the 6800 to 7000 range, I have not tried a wooden prop at this time..

22 hours ago, Manish Chandrayan said:

Hello Tony

Sorry, can't answer your query as I do not have a NGH 30 yet. But i do have a NGH 38 that I have run two tanks on 18x8 wood prop.

I will be flying it on a giant Ultra Stick (30cc). What props are you using and what are RPM do you usually see? 

Manish, might be better posting in the NGH 38cc thread here.