"Peeps" on Spektrum DX9 Tx

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the annoying "peep" sounds on the throttle on my DX9? The peep comes about half way up as I'm increasing the throttle, and the same on throttling back.

I know how to access custom voice controls, but can't see anything about the peeping in the "manual"!! 

Thx in advance.

Tosh, as a matter of interest do you fly IC or electric?  When I took up flying electric I could not easily tell if I had too much or too little power set when flying straight and level between aerobatic manoeuvres.  I use a peep at half throttle on my Tx as it marks the standard power setting for when I'm flying straight and level with an electric powered aircraft.  With ic you have the noise of the engine to let you know your power setting so don't really need this.  If half throttle is too low, why not set it to the power setting you use for S&L flying and use the facility on the Tx to help you fly more accurately?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Thanks for both replies Don and Peter.  Went to warnings in System Setup- saw that "Throttle" warning was set to "over 10%".  However, when I switched this to "inhibit", I found that it had in fact switched off the warning that my throttle was set above 10% on switching on the TX.  And the Beep kept on beeping as I passed through (presumably 10%).

Now I'm quite happy with/ need the voice warning when I switch on, but how do I switch off, or adjust the throttle Beep?? Or are the throttle warning and the beep interlinked?

I'm not a DX9 user, but I have helped other people with theirs and experienced this before.

Try looking at timer settings. I suspect the peeping is the throttle based timer starting and stopping. I think that the peeping can be turned off. Alternatively, enable the One Time feature so that the timer beeps once when timer starts as throttle first raised and then keeps running regardless of throttle position. See here:

image.png.66da0962e8908d73649cdd075bf5b103.png

Edited by Gary Manuel
  • Like 2