E-flite Diamante

Advert

What is new about this Diamante? I had one a few months ago. It was built very heavy. Access to the servos was from the bottom and the lipo from the top. Not too bad but its always nice to be able to see all the radio installation when changing lipos. Guess I have got used to being able to.
Rolls I did not find very axial and the U/C was changed to carbon fibre after the original came off. Just about every one who had one had the same problem. It was just bolted to the bottom of the fuzz. No strengtheners or nothing! After that I got bored with it. The larger size motor drained the battery in about 7 or 8 minutes I believe.
If I build another (which I may yet do as it sticks in my memory as quite a nice hack, but poor rolls may be due to the low wing layout and most of the models are coming out mid wing) I would try the smaller motor and hence perhaps the requirements for a larger lipo would be diminished. It is surprising throw much by fitting a smaller motor and hence a reduction in lipo size can actually increase the duration.