After Graduation?

Steve Colman

Hi everyone,

After a month or so now with my Esky Robins and more recently with the Blade mcx I am considering buying (well my better half is as an xmas pressie for me ) my first outdoor heli, but as is always the case I am stumped as to which model to go for.  I've narrowed the choice down a litle and i'm hoping that all you experienced heli pilots can help to point me in the right direction.

I do not ( she does not ) wish to throw loads of cash about at this stage as I want something that is cheap to maintain and repair while i'm progressing on what i'm sure will be a steep learning curve. The one decision I have made though, after reading many forum posts, is to go CP.

My shortlist is as follows;

Esky Honey Bee King2 - I can get the 2.4g model here in Spain for about 125 smackers which seems a good deal.

Esky Belt CP - Does bigger mean better ( more stable ) in comparison to the King2?

RC System Pro CopterX - Don't know much about this but it's sold with Esky radio set and is similar to the Belt CP

Fusion Solaris 3D - Again don't know much about this model either.

If any of you guys out there can share your experiences with these helis or any others that i've not mentioned but should consider I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve.

Advert

of your shortlist I'd go for the Belt CP. Big enough to fly outdoors, small enough to fly indoors. Parts are plentiful. only £120 from Fast Lad Performance - including radio.

If you have a spare heli-capable Tx such as a Hitec Optic 6 Sport, I'd go for a Twister Storm 440.  £150 retail but lots of shops selling it cheaper than that, and all you need to add is Tx & Rx - servos, battery, motor, gyro, ESC all already fitted; plus mains charger all included

Twitchier than a Belt CP but allegedly more capable and more rewarding when you do get it sorted.

but then again I would say that, as that's what I did

Hi steve and all

I my self are a copterx 200 fan and this is a grate heli for very small out lay, as you can get the kit version for a song and fit you own parts of your choice, flys any were you cair to take it and is a nice and easy to set up I got mine from esky helicopters.com good people to deal with.

happy hovering Owen.

Thanks for the advice guys. After lots of dithering I think i'm going to go for the Belt CP as an all in package for starters. Then, as I progress I will save some pennies and when the innevitable prang happens I can get some upgrades step by step; might even treat myself to a Spektrum DX6i combo also.

Apart from the fact that Esky helis are built down to a price are there any specific weaknesses the the Belt hes that I should be prepared for?

Many thanks

Steve.