ARTF Seagull 40 Low wing Trainer.

Kelly

Posted by john stones 1 on 22/09/2015 14:05:01:

Seen a lot of Seagull 40's and built a few for other people, not come across a bad one yet.

John

I've had 2 or 3 seagull kits and agree. Its not like them at all i've just been unlucky with this one. There is pleanty of people down at the local feild who have seagull models and they are all happy with them.

Advert

• 1 month later...
Posted by Ross Beaton 1 on 23/10/2015 14:55:03:
Hi guys and gals meant to update sooner. The model shop told me I'd have to fix the issues myself and that they woult replace it but I'd get free delivery on my next order. Hmm not sure there will be a next order.

That's poor service Ross, what shop is this?

Posted by Justin K. on 23/10/2015 16:00:59:
Posted by Ross Beaton 1 on 23/10/2015 14:55:03:
Hi guys and gals meant to update sooner. The model shop told me I'd have to fix the issues myself and that they woult replace it but I'd get free delivery on my next order. Hmm not sure there will be a next order.

That's poor service Ross, what shop is this?

Kings lynn model shop. Decided i didn't like the covering as such was going to redo myself this would also make fixing issues easier. when i removed the covering on the wings yet more bad news the trailing edge on on the right wing was made off 2 1mm sheets of wood the other trailing edge on the left wing was made of a solid piece of wood shaped into a trailing edge. Also noticed several joints hadn't been glued the same story with the fuseulage. im sad to it had every chance it was getting and was thrown in the bin.

If I were you Ryan I would leave it as it is for now. If you struggle with the tricycle set up then look at how the wheels are done on the seagull high wing trainers and follow suit for the front wheels , mount these around the leading edge area of the fuselage. A tail wheel can be bought cheaply.