ARTF Seagull 40 Low wing Trainer.

Kelly

Advert

Nice one Stephen

My PC crashed last night,not had chance to fix it ,may not be posting for a few days( this post done on my sons PC)

If I do not reply to any posts this is the reason why.

Look forward to reading about your first flight .

Kelvin

And so you should Hamish.By the time I arrived home after hatching a new plan in the look for Super Air saga I didnt get very much donr on the Seagull 40.Unpacked everything and started on the wing servos.They dont put string in the wings to pull the servo cables through and I had difficulty getting the nut on the end of my string to go through.Looks like the under carriage mount gets in the way a bit, so ill find a smaller string and nut and try tomorrow night

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys,

Ive been looking into buying one of these, i am converting to IC from electric, I am wanting a nicer looking model than a boxey trainer. Ive had a lot of experience flying a .40 size electric wing tiger and many, many hours flying assorted models on Phoenix rc.

The point im getting to is how different are these low winger's to high wingers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Yes I agree with the above, I think you will find the low wing plane much more of a "point & shoot" piece of kit.

One novice at the club was getting a bit frustrated trying basic aerobatics on a high wing trainer finding all the moves a bit untidy, this is of course because the high wing and dihedral of the plane is at its happiest the rite way up. A switch to a borrowed low wing plane soon had his debit card in operation.

As John says , go for it & treat yourself.

I'm about half way through building this kit. the quality of this kit has been so bad its gotten to the point of being un buildable. Mis matched,wings,missing parts ,broken bulk heads in fuselage(I've got photographic proof of all of this btw). The instructions and specifications are out of date and should be updated accordingly.Im going to contact the model shop where i bought it from and try for a full replacement. i know its only a cheap kit and i shouldn't expect rolls royce quality but its a different matter when the kit can't be assembled due to poor quality control/manufacturing.

Posted by Ross Beaton 1 on 21/09/2015 21:48:09:

I'm about half way through building this kit. the quality of this kit has been so bad its gotten to the point of being un buildable. Mis matched,wings,missing parts ,broken bulk heads in fuselage(I've got photographic proof of all of this btw). The instructions and specifications are out of date and should be updated accordingly.Im going to contact the model shop where i bought it from and try for a full replacement. i know its only a cheap kit and i shouldn't expect rolls royce quality but its a different matter when the kit can't be assembled due to poor quality control/manufacturing.

That's disappointing Ross , Yes I would definitely take it back to the shop and let them have a look.

The Kyosho Calmato 40 comes well recommended , its a bit more money but its a great flyer and goes together well. Steve Web have them here Calmato

I would second the vote for the Calmato, great plane, a pleasure to fly, can be flown very slowly or like you stole it, stable and predictable flight envelope on full rates its very aerobatic too + plus doesn't look like a trainer at all and will happily take a 4S 5000 Lipo which gives mine about 9 to 10 mins flight time

Posted by Justin K. on 22/09/2015 13:41:50:
Posted by Ross Beaton 1 on 21/09/2015 21:48:09:

That's disappointing Ross , Yes I would definitely take it back to the shop and let them have a look.

The Kyosho Calmato 40 comes well recommended , its a bit more money but its a great flyer and goes together well. Steve Web have them here Calmato

it was bought on the internet i called the shop today they've asked vme to email them some pictures of the broken bulkheads wings etc. from what i was told on the phone its sounding like a replacement will be sent. Happy days. :-D