Parkzone Spitfire

Paul  Hutson

Hi, Brand new to model flying, and yes against all advice have purchased the Parkzone Spit, I do not intend to fly for quite awhile, still clinging on to my model boating life! however if possible would like the answer to a few questions.

What scale is the spitfire, and if intending to fit undercarriage just for show ie push in for keeping the plane of the deck what size wheels, have noticed some scale ones on  technobots site, any good?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

And welcome, I think the advice that you refer to is good. Don't try to fly a spitfire as a first model. Models are pretty difficult to fly..It took me years to learn,So start with a trainer, and as has been said so many times, join a club and get some one to one advice...It is possible to learn on a scale model, but it should be a simple prototype, with a high wing..The flair cub springs to mind..It CAN be dressed up as a warbird (I can tell you more if you are interested) but of course, you do have to build it ( huge fun)..Of course, keep the questions coming, we are here to help

ernie

Thanks Ernie, I appreciate that a new starter /beginners forum is running, and I do intend to contribute, however as you say I need a whole lot of experience and help before I attempt to get my bird in the sky. But at this time as the Spit is grounded so to speak I would just like to have it as a static scale ( or near as) plane to admire and gain inspiration from hence my asking for wheel sizes etc, and maybe just maybe Santa might bring that extra large box with a trainer in Not trainers!

Thanks again

Paul

• 3 months later...
Hi all, I have a Parkzone Radian motor glider which I love flying. At 1st I had a few hard landings and damage but now Im flying fine and landing without damage (figures crossed). I have been using the motor a bit more praticing go arounds and climbs and its got me thinking about buying an electric plane. I have seen the various Parkzone models and one that I am think of is the Spitfire. Would this be a good idea for someone who feels confurdent with his flying from a motor glider?

Can anyone help?