Silencer extensions

After spending the obligatory half an hour looking at model related web sites. Just dropped onto the idea of silencer extensions.

I was planning to cant my engine instalation to distance the silencer from the body. While this would have been O.K. it was not a perfect solution. Then I've seen the extention idea.

I'm looking to fit an OS 15 FP which comes with the 871 silencer. Apparently an extention is available which gives a further 11.5mm of clearance, which in my case would appear ideal.

Has anyone used these and if they are good as they appear anyone suggest the best place to get one, as my local model supplier only stock SC kit now.

Regards

Ads.

Advert

Ads

There is no problem with using an extension, I've used them in the past and the motor runs the same with or without them.
Getting one is more of a problem, it will be very rare for a model shop to keep one as stock, so you have to order it. I get around this by internet shopping usually from the US. the big dicount warehouses over there keep this sort of thing in stock.
I usually use Tower Hobbies (www.towerhobbies.com) and have just checked their site, they have the extension you need in stock (ref LXCA84)at a cost of $9.99 but you will have to add postage on top of this. if you only order this one item you will probably get away with having to pay VAT and import duty.
Hope this is of use
Chris