Max Thrust Ruckus pro build

Hi there 

Has anybody built the max thrust ruckus pro build, and got any real world data ? I’m looking for prop sizes if there is a chance. 

stats 

5 lb model

overlander 4250 800kv 

either 4s 4000Mah, or if I can a 3s 3000mah, but that may be a bit short on power, 

60a esc. 

the manual on line has everything but a prop size, so I’m wondering what everybody else is using? 

thanks 

Advert

1 hour ago, Steven Hurd said:

Hi there 

Has anybody built the max thrust ruckus pro build, and got any real world data ? I’m looking for prop sizes if there is a chance. 

stats 

5 lb model

overlander 4250 800kv 

either 4s 4000Mah, or if I can a 3s 3000mah, but that may be a bit short on power, 

60a esc. 

the manual on line has everything but a prop size, so I’m wondering what everybody else is using? 

thanks 

According to propCalc, a 13x6  APC E should give just under 7 lbs of thrust and draw 55 Amps at WOT. A 12x6 should give 6 Lbs of thrust and draw 44 Amps both with a 4s 4000 mAh battery. Mixed flight times of 7 mins and 8 minutes respectively.

Using a 3s 3000 mAh battery a 14x8 gives 5.9 Lbs of thrust and mixed flight time of 5 minutes drawing 50 Amps, a 13x8 gives 5 Lbs of thrust 6 minutes flight time drawing 42 Amps.

Hope this helps

12 minutes ago, Steven Hurd said:

Thanks that’s a great start, I’ll buy some props next week and give them a a try 

Have you got an ammeter?

I find the results from propCalc to be quite accurate but it is worth checking in real life. The figures were worked out using the settings for a turnigy 4250 800KV motor as the Overlander motor wasn't available as an option max power output was the same for both motors.

The prop sizes shown on the Overlander web page seem a bit on the large size, if I plug in the 13x10 prop size for a 7 s battery I get 152 Amps and probably some magic smoke, a 10x6 would be more appropriate' The recommended 15x8 on a 3s battery draws 60 Amps and gives 6.5 Lbs of thrust.

Overlander web page

Edited by Shaun Walsh

I have an ammeter and some other bits and pieces for measurements, but was looking for a starting point. As you say the overlander page was a bit off the mark so it was just an idea of what I could use. The figures you have given me will be a great help for the maiden flight. 

thanks for your help 

Steve