RF9.5 InterLink DX Rudder Trim Offset

EvilC57

I'm using RF9.5 with the supplied InterLink DX USB Tx, and I'm finding I can't adjust out a left hand offset in the rudder (this affects all aircraft), despite running the calibration routine several times. If I 'park' the model in front of me, I can see the ailerons and elevator responding to the trim tabs on the Tx, but not the rudder, which seems to have a permanent LH offset on it - which is making flying difficult.

Any ideas please?

Think I may have ansered my own question thanks. I believe the InterLink DX Tx may have a dodgy click switch on the rudder-left trim position - something I've had on a 'real' (JR) transmitter once before.

All the other trims switches give the usual beep on movement, with a higher pitched beep indicating centre, however rudder-right is OK, but I can't make rudder-left beep reliably, despite unplugging & plugging in the Tx USB conection and rebooting the pc etc..

Maybe time for a new switch...

Edited by EvilC57

The clue I focussed on Evil, is

This affects all aircraft

So go over the Tx more carefully, and using the Tx Monitor, just check the Rudder trim tab movement

Even check on a model, or servo/ receiver combo.

For it to be on all aircraft

That does suggest the tranny is controlling RF sim

Just seen your post, sorted

Edited by Denis Watkins

I’ve opened the transmitter and checked the physical switch behind the rudder trim tab now. The switch is working OK, so it looks as though there is something wrong in the electronics between the switch and the USB interface, as I’ve power cycled (unplugged) the interLink DX USB Tx and the PC several times and the fault is still there.

The rudder LH trim switch doesn’t do anything, and the rudder RH trim switch generates virtual beeps (via the PC sound card as driven by the sim software) when pressed, but has no effect on the actual model rudder in the sim.

It’s a real nuisance, because it means there is a LH offset to the rudder in all models in the sim now. A new InterLink DX is £90 or thereabouts, which seems a lot of money to fix a minor but annoying fault, and I doubt whoever makes RealFlight offers any hardware repair facilities 😐.

Edited by EvilC57

The InterLink has so few adjustments that affect the trims as you know Evil

But all I can see that could affect yours is the Mode  Slider not located properly.

Give it a slide too and fro to clean it up.

Before Computer Start Up, have the Interlink set up and plugged in

Then

Computer Start Up

Am still convinced that to have a slight rudder command on all models must be coming from the InterLink

Edited by Denis Watkins

An update to finish this story:

I sent the apparently faulty DX controller back to Logic RC, where John Norris confirmed a fault with the rudder trim control circuitry, and promptly sent me a new controller FOC under warranty.

I connected the replacement controller to my PC which refused to recognise it, displaying a 'USB device not recognised' warning window. As a result I couldn't even open RealFlight.

The model number of the faulty DX controller I returned was SPMRFTX1, however I noticed that the number of the replacement is SPMRFTX1C.

I described this issue on the RealFlight forum, and someone suggested that there is a known (to Horizon in the US) compatibility issue between the InterLink DX SPMRFTX1C and the USB chipsets used in some computers. And that I should try connecting the new controller via a powered USB hub - which seemed an unlikely solution to me.

However, I have subsequently tried this and it works, so I'm back in the (simulated) air.

I've also emailed John N to let him know of the issue, which from his response it seems he wasn't aware of.

I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else comes across this issue in future.

Edited by EvilC57