Hirobo SRB Quark

Steve Colman

I have the above heli which I bought new for 330 quid way back in 2009. I flew it for maybe 30/35 flights and put it away for some reason. From then on I more or less abandoned helis to concentrate on flying fixed wing. However, I did have a short go with a Blade 230 S V2 last summer thanks to a friend which sort of sparked my interest again. I've been looking for one of those second hand since then but to no avail so far.

Now, I'm having a thorough sort out and dusted off the Quark to check it all over, charged the flight battery and put some AA's in the Tx. A few minutes later the heli was flying as if new which was very pleasing after so many years. I'm hoping for some calm weather to have a few more flights before deciding whether to keep it or sell it.

It's complete with original Tx, charger, battery and spare main and tail rotor blades. If I were to sell it, what would be a reasonable and fair price to ask? Of course it's not current technology to say the least but it is an iconic little heli which may be of interest to a few individuals.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

How much? As you say it may be of interest to a few individuals but old helicopters tend to be worth very little. Amongst other things spares are difficult or impossible to source, particularly the bits that tend to get broken. I could not get £100 for two Robbe Millennium's via the BMFA Classifieds, one complete ready to fly with OS60 & Gyro (but no servos etc) the other a complete airframe. I was recently given a Hirobo Shuttle for free, complete & unflown which the owner could not sell. Another Shuttle has been on eBay for over a month & attracted no bids for the opening £70.

In the end I sold the Millenniums to Eddie at Heli Bitz https://heli-bitz.com who broke them for spares. I've always found Eddie to be very fair in both buying & selling and it may be worth a word with him as to how he sees the market for the Quark.

Edited by John Lee
Typo

Thanks for your reply John.

I had more or less consigned myself to the reality you have outlined. With regard to Heli Blitz; as I live in Spain the postage would probably cost as much as the value of the heli for me and costs would also be added in the UK to receive it. So, although a good thought I think it wouldn't be worth the effort for either party concerned.

Therefore, as it still flies I think I might as well get the most out of it and enjoy flying it while the going is good and try not to break anything. I have seen Main and rear rotor blades replaced by modding some old E-sky and other fixed pitch heli blades of which I have numerous examples from way back when.

Cheers.