Peter Millers “Easter Eagle”

fly boy3

Advert

By the way with those long leads to the servos I recommend using ferrite rings in the leads to guard against interference.  You can buy split ones so you don't have to take plugs off.

Mine now belongs to another club member who moved away.  He uses it withe a small Canon camera and gets stunning pictures.

He flies on a common where a local club fly gliders,  They often turn up complain that there is no lift 395944232_Glemsford1arrowjpg.thumb.jpg.e1b330d40cd7f22c1c66f1aeeb08c7a1.jpgwhile his EE is soaring away as a dot in the sky. This is his shot of my house (arrowed) taken from over a miles away

getPart.thumb.jpeg.fc2d7f22e5e4893887c465fd4c44fac5.jpeg

And this was taken from a flying site on a racecourse in a midland town.

I use a Mobious video camera on my models .

I had that theory for a longtime and the EE proves it

BUT the real proof came many years ago.  I went to a huge full size vintage glider rally at Tibenham. There were gliders from all over the world including Japan.

The weather was perfect and about midday a huge thermal drifted through and there was a mad rush to get into it.

I never will forget seeing a mass of gliders circling up in the thermal, all the sleek high performance gliders like Rhonsperbers and Minimoas etc.  And right at the top going up faster that all the rest was a Sedbergh. That is, right the two seat trainer known in the RAF gliding clubs as the "barge".

Then I read that a Sedbergh had unofficially broken the altitude record for gliders. It would have been official but one Barograph had stopped working.