June issue feedback

Advert

Hi Tom,

In regards to the forum, one thing that bugs me is that whilst the initial forum category page shows you which folders have new entries, when you go back to the category page after looking at one of these entries, the New symbols have disappeared. Thankfully this is not the case in the category pages themselves.

how many cacti with this avatar ( on the wrong side of the screen :( ) do you know??

yes, goto first unread post would be nice, i also got a mail for every new post for this thread, although that should be clickable in my preferances somewere to just get the one.

other than that, layout. it doesn't match any other forum, ok you don't want to be a clone but they all look rougly the same for a reason.
the postings are a little quashed here in the middel between side meuns and wasted space and indivuial posts are hard to pick out.

but like any of the forums, once your used to it it's fine.
no doubt if you changed it now you'd be over run by people that hate it.

but the post info and avatar could really do with being shifted to the left and posts defined from each other a little better.

then again, if you sort this place out everyone will stop buying the mags :p

Hi Graham,
Not a criticism but some errors on the Bushwhacker plan which I hope do not catch out others (Guess how I found out!).
1. Tailplane/elevator/fin/rudder all stated as 1/8 inch thick, plan drawn as 3/16 inch thick
2. Fuselage formers F2 & F3 stated as 3/32 inch thick, plan drawn as 3/16 inch thick.

In fact I only cut the fin from the wrong thickness sheet before it dawned on me that it seemed a bit thin for the model size and a quick check of the drawn thickness revealed the error. Have therefore gone with all the drawn sizes rather than the figured dimensions.
Construction well under way - good to build using the methods we used all those years ago. Surely Alex has some more trad designs for us TOGs? More of the same please.

Hi Patrick, yes, for anyone thinking about buying a Cub a quick check of the cowl would seem a good idea under the circumstances, although mine was fine. Sounds like you might have had a duff one. The screen fit was perfect on mine, too. Actually, the whole thing went together very nicely indeed. Let us know how she files.

I enjoyed the June issue but feel compelled to comment on Bushwacker's similarity to the KK Outlaw whose virtues Alex has often extolled in the magazine - I too had many years happy flying with a PAW 2.49 powered version. I think the main difference is the increased wingspan - something I did with mine after breaking the original wing. Never got round to adding ailerons though which was the next obvious step.

David, on page 29 of Junes issue Multiplex advertise 'Cularis' - I can't find it on Multiplexs webb site - do we know when, where, how much, what it comes with etc etc - It looks like what I need as building time is short to waft around this summer...

Jon

I understand about 800 or so kits hit Europe (not many) and a few did arrive in the UK but have probably filled back-orders. More on the way but have a ring around to see if any of the first batch are still around. SMC perhaps?

David, sorry I don't know, we dont get involved in subs at all in the ed' team but of course try to help where we can. I'll see what our people can tell us and get back to you.

David.

Just a quick note regarding International Subscriptions. Magicalia Publishing and for that fact most publishers charge a higher rate for magazines that are not delivered to a UK mainland address. This is of course due to the increased cost of mailing the issues to their respective address.

We use a mail consolidator to send our international post in order to keep our costs as low as possible and prices competitive.

The onsale dates for our magazines are for UK release, although as many of you are aware we mail subscriber copies early to ensure that they drop through letter boxes prior to onsale. We cannot however move our mailing date to compensate for the increased postage time for magazines that are not delivered in the UK. It is this delivery time lag which causes your magazines to be "late".

When the volume of magazines that we mail to a specific country reaches a high enough volume, we will be able to change the way in which we mail those copies to deliver a quicker mail delivery service.

Its worth noting that RCM&E is the heaviest magazine in its market place with a typical pagination of 128 pages.

Hi Guys, I have started my Bushwhacker, built both wing halves and I reckon when they are put together they will be strong enough to lift the Queen Mary. I hope Alex does not but I did not like his wheels,so I got myself some nice plastic ones with rubber tyres. Can't wait for the July RCME!!! Anybody out there building one as well.

Yes I am & I've modified it quite a bit .Am in the process of solar filming it when not on the web (waiting for some PVA to dry). I've reduced the span 'cos i'm using & a.15 and have made the rudder a little larger .I too have used sponge wheels mounted on an ali U/C I made from scrap found in a skip I also altered the wing tips (as per Tyro DB design)so that they have a 45 degree angle to the horizontal (don't get scuffed on contact with "terra firma") 'cos it's going to be 'er indoors's trainer .

I'm pleased to hear that someone is building the bushwhacker. However, in the mag there is the logo with the net address to go to for more info & pictures. Guess what......page not found. I've also trawled all over this web site and even done a keyword search on bushwhacker. Guess what.....no matching information. So where is it and how do I get to it. Can anyone help please?

Would love to talk to Alex about his design simply 'cos i've doctored it to be made from what I have in my box of bits .
It's almost finished apart from covering the fuselage and putting in servo rails (CG to be determined ? )wILL GLADLY PUT ON LINE A PICTURE If only 'er indoors shows me how.