Horizon models and Spektrum

fly boy3

As I am new to electrics, I would like to ask this question. Are the Horizan bnf models bound to Specktrum radio.  If I was to   to purchase  one without this specific radio, how much work or cost would I need to use a non Specktrum radio ?  Thanks, fly boy3 was Old Flier.

The Horizon BNF models will bind to a DSM2/DSMX transmitter so either Spektrum, Orange or a multiprotocol transmitter which supports DSM2 or DSMX protocol. If the Tx does not support DSM2/DSMX then you would need to replace the model's receiver for one compatible with the Tx. If you do this you will lose AS3X/SAFE capability if stabilisation is built in to the receiver, if there is a separate flight controller it may be possible to connect it to the replacement receiver and retain AS3X/SAFE capability, this may require the use of a receiver with serial output capability.

• Thanks 1

A lot of the models are available as BnF and PnP versions the PnP versions are supplied without receivers so you can fit your own receiver (of any brand), if you buy one 2nd hand and it has a Spektrum receiver fitted you can swap it out for one of your own, providing it isn't one of the micro range which have the integrated receiver.esc, servos micro unit.