A bit of a moan

martyn sharp

Advert

I would like to add that there are alot more rogue customers about than rogue traders. I work for a company that is as straight as it is possible to be, the prices fixed and published for providing service. I find it really annoying that people try it on telling me they've agreed a special price with the boss or that it is still in warranty when its obviously worn out through age or abuse, etc. Do they really think I'm that stupid? Rogue traders certainly deserve their bad press and exposure on telly, but I'd like to see a bit of balance.

...and another thing, how can a government be so stupid to introduce a law which means that a legitimate business can provide a service at a customers request, fit parts to achieve an emergency repair at the customers request, then 7 days hence the customer can decide that they have 'cooled off' and don't want the repair, so they wont pay -and they are within their rights. You can't take the parts back -they wont give you access. The law was passed to stop rogue traders, but of course rogues demand cash and they have no contact details...... so what a surprise, they get away with it.

Apologies I've gone a bit off track, I'll get off my soap box now. (I feel alot better now)

The Model Magazines say support your local hobby store. If we all read Martyn's experience it will only warn us off, a good shop. The customers will use their feet to show local sales what we think of this tactic. I believe it has been done before. Try Emailing the head office / shop for a better result !

<edited by Timbo>

cant remember which sale of goods act change it was, think 1989, but an "invitation to treat" and an acceptance of that offer is a binding contract.

despite being poor practice and bad customer service I would suggest that trading standards would probably provide a slap on the wrist for falsly advertising the price of the goods.

it may also be that said model shop has a sale or return  type arrangement with futaba, in as much that they hold stock and buy what they sell in arrears. In that case they would suffer from the exchange rates (they havent bought the unit until they have sold it on effectively). Yaboo sucks i say cos the smaller stores have to commit to buy x volume or not be supplied.

as always waiting to be shot down for my comments, even though gone to 2.4 (bought from local modelshop not too far from one mentioned in thread and yes i did get a discount)