Belly Landers - Propellor?

The Twinstar was probably the first truly successful ARTF electric model in the brushed motor/Nicad battery era.  They were brilliant.  Mine met its end one winter's day when the installed NiMh succumbed to the low temperature and the model to my inadequate skills 🙂   I still have a TwinJet tucked away, unflown for years.

• Like 1

Advert

A folding prop is indeed likely to be a bit less efficient than a fix one but they are intended to be used in situations where the airframe overall aerodynamic efficiency is highly placed. A well folded prop is whole orders more efficient than a power off fixed one.

The fact that when folded it is also much less likely to be damaged in a landing is a by product.

A belly lander that requires some care and attention.

Q400Complete.JPG.30e4a8d9c35d966ce65678b120971fef.JPG 

The fact Bombardier chose to mount the wing on top of the pressure fuselage does mean even the scale diameter prop tips are clear of the ground, just, but it definitely needs "wings level".  

I used to use Apc_e props on my electric Ripmax Spitfire and me109 but changed to Master Airscrew 11x7 as every time I landed, the Apc broke even with the brake on.Haven’t had to change any Masters yet even on my Ju88 and Ov10 Bronco when in electric mode and not in PSs mode.Bronco uses 3 bladed 10x7.Apc are more efficient but the cost of replacing became prohibitively expensive.

1EB4E258-317B-445E-BC26-C1E76368F2B4.jpeg

490E716C-8F5F-403C-9D41-EF63388DB26F.jpeg