Ohhh my god.

Erfolg

There was a link suggesting that ARTF models were increasing in price.

It seems that Ripmax has increased its prices by at least by 10%.

Whilst on holiday, last week, it was suggested that inflation in the UK would increase dramatically. The reason given is that the pound could reach parity with the dollar. This will put up the price of all fuels (gas etc), and the pound is expected to fall against all currencies, due to goverment and private debt and low interest rates (and lots of other reasons, to sad to retell if true). Also all imports will increase in price.

I resolved to buy a Futaba 2.4 on returning to the UK, only to find that they have increased in price from £130 to £144. Still intend to buy

If we modellers are unable to keep buying our essentials due to inflation, will there be any model shops left in say 2 years?

The good news that Manchester has scrapped its intended congestion charging. Although I intend returning to Cumbria, it would have been unwelcome. 

Erfolg

Advert

I would say that it's a question of  "if you want it - GET it now"  Talking in my my local model shop last week. the owner said that some prices to him had increased by upto 35% already!   and I dont think it's going to stop here.    So if you've got the cash I think it's a good idea to stock up now.