Cambria/Cambrian Funfighters

Nigel Heather

Have always liked the look of the funfighters, so considering buying one when I visit Wings and Wheels in a few weeks time, but have a couple of reservations

• would want to go electric, but my understanding is that as these were designed many years ago for IC they are a bit porky - is there any way of making them lighter - specially any links to arctic legs or sites where it has been done.
  • the videos I have seen show them flying very fast, like pylon racers.  I appreciate that will be appealing for some but can they be slowed down and flown more scale like or is that just the nature of their flight characteristic.

BTW I’m already aware of the VintageModelCompany warbirds but whilst they address my concerns above I find it hard to see past the boxy fuselage and the ‘starved horse’ look of the wings.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heather

• Nigel Heather changed the title to Cambria/Cambrian Funfighters

Apologies, I’d forgotten about that thread - I’d been diverted searching for other options but haven’t found anything suitable.

Think both Cambria and Cambrian will be at Wings and Wheels so will have a chat with them to see what they recommend.

Edited by Nigel Heather