Crow?

Paul  Williams

Its true you never stop learning, I was enjoying the afternoon sun yesterday getting the dust off my mustang when one of the club instructors wandered over and asked if I was still suffering with my ongoing problem of slowing down quickly to land? limited space) He was flying a trainer at the time and asked if I fancied trying setting up what he described as a crow! He promptly climbed to about 300ft and dived vertical over the flying field, I was certain the plane was heading for disaster then about 20ft off the deck he pulled level and the plane landed in about 10ft of runway. Amazing I stood in disbelief as he performed this twice more each time scrubbing off high speed in a matter of feet.

The secret being a mix in the tx which set 80 degrees of flap along with 80 degrees of up aileron (both sides) the result instant air brakes. I have programed my tx to perform the same way on my world models beaver cant wait to try it.

Advert