Found in a box of bits I was given

KenC

The problem with working out which pins are inputs or outputs is that a microcontroller can have pins which can be programmed to be either. If applying power it may be advisable to put a current limiting resistor in the signal line to prevent accidentally powering an output.

Edited by Andy Stephenson

All three signal pins go through 470 ohm resistors on the board (if you trace the tracks you can see them) so it won’t hurt getting inputs and outputs mixed up.

If it does blow up, that’ll be because the incorrect wiring sequence has been followed…

Ie: red to black, black to red, blue to bits…

Brian.

2 minutes ago, RottenRow said:

All three signal pins go through 470 ohm resistors on the board (if you trace the tracks you can see them) so it won’t hurt getting inputs and outputs mixed up.

If it does blow up, that’ll be because the incorrect wiring sequence has been followed…

Ie: red to black, black to red, blue to bits…

Brian.

Time to start experimenting, then!

It’s also quite likely that the unit came out of an ARTF model which had servos etc. pre-installed, which would account for the lack of labelling on it.

Also, as the probable supplied lead has JR / Spektrum colours and is marked channel 6, I would hasten a guess that the unit splits the receiver output and perhaps reverses one of them for flaps. It might also slow the servos down as well.

Channel 6 is the aux 1 / flap channel on Spektrum radios.

Brian.

• Like 1

It looks like one servo moves first (slower than normal), stops, then the other one moves.

If that is the case, I agree, it is most likely for retracts and gear doors.

Gear doors opens first, then U/C lowers. Going back the other way, U/C raised then gear doors closes.

I have an Avios (HobbyKing) Sea Fury that does just that.

All you need to do now is think of a use for it…

Brian.

• Thanks 1

Or a buyer 😉    My only gear door is glued to the leg either side, and I can sort the slow from my DX8 

PS Now you all talked me into stripping the covering I find my largest heat shrink is 1/;2 inch and too small 😞

Edited by KenC

5 hours ago, KenC said:

Great info  EarlyBird  but what about the input and output  pins ... before I would, as a simple high street guy , be willing to connect to these I would want to know which is input ( for receiver or servo test)  and which are outputs .  When the thing was sealed no one was prepared to make guesses  because the 9 pins visible were similar and unmarked ! 

I feel that since they were never marked except perhaps in long lost instructions it doesnt matter. No damage can be done.