Multi use battery charger

jockbarefit

Hi,  

Starting out in R/C and looking for a charger for batteries (currently for Transmitter battery pack and Receiver batteries for Nitro Trainer but looking to move into LiPo etc. in the future)

I have been offered a used GT Power C6D.  

Would this be suitable?

I see some very inexpensive chargers on EBay from China, are these best avoided?

Advert

I’ve not used that charger, buts it’s a standard 4 button charger type that dominates the charger market. 4Max sells them for just under £40. Impeccable retailer, good reputation, does not sell rubbish. I say you will use that for ever, as you will always have a use. I would, if I were in the market for a 50 watt charger, not worry that I am buying rubbish. Cost is a condition of thing of course.

A normal 4 button charger. Understanding what the 4 buttons do and the sequences involved will probably be the biggest challenge. Read the manual.

It has a built in mains transformer but can be also be run off a 12V supply.

A max 6A charge rate up to a 6s LiPo should be adequate at least until you move onto big planes and want to charge multiple batteries simultaneously.

It has NiMh and PB charge options as well.

Normally these sort of chargers go on for years unless you get careless and accidently short something when connecting a battery. 😉 

Welcome to the forum.

Normally a 'wall wart' (a simple mains charger) will come with your RC gear. For the Lipos, most cheap chargers are 12 volts powered and so you will need either a mains power supply or a leisure battery. Some of the more expensive chargers will be dual-voltage so you can use it at home or at the field.

Tom

Hi, like you I have only used IC planes in the past and needed a Lipo charger and also wanted something that would charge NmHi  flight packs  and my 12 v starter lead acid.  I opted for this one to get me started 

352fcfab-ab0e-41e3-8ad3-9b2de36dbaa7.jpg  

£47.86 X1

It was ordered from Bangood at the price shown and arrived in 10 days or so with import tax and delivery included in the figure.  The charger runs on AC and DC in the field , charges every battery type you might want .  Perhaps one day if I had lots and lots of Lipo batteries to charge  I might go for a dual  as well as this unit..... which by the way acts as a Servo tester and other stuff too !    So far I am very pleased .  Oh yes I also bought two sets of cables to allow connection of the charger to every form of battery , from the same source.