Help needed with logic switch programming

Allan Bennett

Yes, I was assuming it didn't need to be reset other than by switching off the Tx.  There are various ways to achieve a reset.  You could for example just use an unused switch and replace the L05 in my example with the switch or, as Matty is doing, add some logic to use the throttle cut switch.

@Allan Bennett, I think this should do what you need, though I am still not 100% sure I truly understand the desired behaviour!

This version has a sticky throttle cut on SG (I only use cut switches taht require the Thr stick be fully down before arming the motor, as the alternative versions are too dangerous). It builds on @Tim Kearsley's excellent setup, but allows the logic to be reset when the Thr cut is activated at the end of the flight. Give it a test and see what you think...

image.png.9af0f2fc2ad34ce106267dc107e56bf3.png

image.thumb.png.15dd9a7c2f78c61352c3fc57f37e9709.png

Alandemo.zip

Edited by MattyB

9 hours ago, MattyB said:

@Allan Bennett, I think this should do what you need, though I am still not 100% sure I truly understand the desired behaviour! . . . 

MattyB, my sound system's engine startup sound is triggered by a quick blip of Ch6 to -100.  At the moment it's achieved by switching SC down momentarily and then back to centre position (Up position gives machine gun).  My aim is to have this logic sequence make the quick blip the first time my Thr reaches the value that starts the prop turning, so that I don't have to juggle throttle and switch to get a coordinated startup.  In my example I've used -50 as the throttle trigger value, but I'll have to find the actual value by experiment -- probably somewhere around -90.

32 minutes ago, Allan Bennett said:

MattyB, my sound system's engine startup sound is triggered by a quick blip of Ch6 to -100.  At the moment it's achieved by switching SC down momentarily and then back to centre position (Up position gives machine gun).  My aim is to have this logic sequence make the quick blip the first time my Thr reaches the value that starts the prop turning, so that I don't have to juggle throttle and switch to get a coordinated startup.  In my example I've used -50 as the throttle trigger value, but I'll have to find the actual value by experiment -- probably somewhere around -90.

OK, that's helpful. I don't think the example above gives quite that behaviour at present, but it is definitely possible to make it happen - I will take another look at it tonight.

2 hours ago, MattyB said:

OK, that's helpful. I don't think the example above gives quite that behaviour at present, but it is definitely possible to make it happen - I will take another look at it tonight.

In simulation it gives that behaviour -- i.e. a 0.5 second blip of L3 when the Thr value goes above -50 for the first time.  Then adding L3 to Ch6 mix, in Replace mode, gives the Ch6 blip that I need.

I'm have no idea what outcome you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to make a foolproof switch to enable and disable the throttle?

@MattyB I did write all of it. Gave up updating it when a whole range of other transmitters were included and it just became too complicated to include all the possible transmitter variations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy48 said:

I'm have no idea what outcome you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to make a foolproof switch to enable and disable the throttle? ...

As I said a few posts back:-

. . . . my sound system's engine startup sound is triggered by a quick blip of Ch6 to -100.  At the moment it's achieved by switching SC down momentarily and then back to centre position (Up position gives machine gun).  My aim is to have this logic sequence make the quick blip the first time my Thr reaches the value that starts the prop turning, so that I don't have to juggle throttle and switch to get a coordinated startup.   . . .