Inverted OS70 Surpass

Geoff Goodwin

I have just got my first fourstroke, secondhand.

One model I would like to fit it in would look better if I could fit it inverted instead of side mounted. Upright is not an option in this case.

So my question is, are these motors OK to run inverted ?

I would not ask if I was fitting a twostroke but thought, if in doubt, why not ask the forum!

Advert

Hi Geoff, I have got an OS 70 surpass II and it runs fine inverted, i've never had a problem with any of my four strokes being mounted inverted, I have a 90 4C in my Wot4 inverted and that runs sweet, can be awkward to get the glow clip off though, mind the prop! I must admit I prefer side mounting for ease if you've got the cowl for the job.

Nice job on the Spit Alan.

i have no problem with my 4 strokes inverted.

when not flying , I invert the plane to avoid oil running down into the plug - particularly if the model sits fairly level on its U/C

Thanks for the posts Gents.

Side tracking to onboard glow systems

Has anyone simply used a micro switch linked to the throttle servo? So it is physically switched in at a low throttle setting? I was thinking of using a cam against a micro switch arm so travel length is not an issue and is also adjustable.

Edit: Perhaps even a micro toggle switch so you can kill or liven the circuit. You know like the "contact" switch on the side of a tiger moth!