A first timers attempt at a Tony Nijhuis Sky 40 for beginners

toto

It's time to revisit this build and get it on the move again. 

It's the silly season and I have had visitors so time is disappearing in front of my eyes but I could have a couple of days coming up just after new year.

I'll be starting back where I left off with the leading and trailing edges of wing 2 so ..... fingers crossed. I'm looking forward to getting back into this again.

Cheers

Toto

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Earlybird,

I stalled on this because when I done the second wing, I hit a problem. When mating the two wings up to each other, it became obvious that there was a bit of a gap between the wings due to the root being slightly " off ".

I really need to post a picture up as I don't know if this is a terminal problem or I there is a work around to recover the wing build. 

I have been busy of late trying to secure a new contract ...... 2hich purely by coincidence just happened today ..... hooray..... I'm Sellafield bound next week.

Hopefully I will get some shed time this weekend where I can revive the Sky 40 build and post up some images for assessment on the forum. 

Now that the job hunt is over, I should have a bit more time to concentrate on this.

Cheers

Toto

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toto said:

When mating the two wings up to each other, it became obvious that there was a bit of a gap

That's normal Toto.

From the pictures we can come up with a strategy for putting it right.

Just waiting for the pictures.

Steve